(Students must have their waiver completed with health insurance info and emergency contact BEFORE they are allowed to play)
TEAM REGISTRATION FORM (Please print, fill out and turn into AHC Athletic Department, building N on the Santa Maria campus)
HANCOCK YOUTH BASKETBALL CLUB and Mike Alexander's SWOOSH BASKETBALL INC. PRESENT FALL LEAGUE 2016: Aug.28 through Oct.2, 2016; excluding Sept. 4
Questions? Call Josh Motenko (617) 462-2101
Cost: $425/team, guaranteed eight games
*All games will be in the Joe White Memorial Gymnasium on the Santa Maria campus; they will take place on Sundays on Aug. 28, Sept. 11, Sep. 18, Sep. 25, and Oct. 2; games will not take place during Labor Day weekend.
*League is a partnership between Hancock Youth Basketball Club and Mike Alexander of Swoosh Basketball Inc.
Division (Grade Based) 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grades, Freshmen, Junior Varsity and Varsity
Note: Each division must have a minimum of four teams
Last Name First Name DOB Parent Signature
NEW! Parents/Guardians must complete a NEW waiver form before children can participate in the League and all Hancock Youth Basketball Club activities. Click here for the form. Please turn in the waiver form for all members of the roster with the application form.
* This roster should be submitted ASAP for entry into the League inside the Athletic Department office next to the Joe White Memorial Gymnasium on the Santa Maria campus.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Teams are responsible for numbered jerseys. ---Five players must start the game.
- Home team (mentioned first) supply game ball, teams supply their own warm-up balls.
- Tournament play will consist of two 20-minute halves with a running clock. The clock will stop for:
A) Time outs--
B) Last two minutes of the second half (15 points slaughter rule).
- Overtime will be three minutes long with a running clock. Clock stops during last 30 seconds. If still a tie, sudden death will follow (1 point wins).
- Time-outs: There will be 4 time-outs allotted. One time-out allotted for overtime, no carry over time outs. Time outs will be 40 seconds.
- Free throws on bonus situations: 10th foul and up, two shots. No 1-1 at 7th foul.
- No shot clock. There will be a ten second back court violation.
- Closely guarded will be enforced by a 5 second count on the dribble. (10 second backcourt)
- Players will be disqualified on the fifth foul. Technical fouls will count as team and personal fouls. Two technical fouls and player is ejected from game. Player will also be suspended for the next game. Two ejections and player is automatically suspended for all remaining games.
- CIF Officials and table will administer CIF basketball playing rules, unless noted in tournament rules and regulations.
- There will be a five-minute warm-up before the game and a 3-minute half time.
- Tie Break System
*Head to Head
*Record vs. Common Opponent when two teams are tied and have not played each other
* Point Difference -1st criteria a) Defensive points 2nd criteria b) Offensive points
- Tournament not responsible for lost articles.
- Tournament not responsible for injuries.
- Coaches are responsible for the conduct of players/parents/supporters of their team. One warning will be issued, forfeiture of game on second offense.